7/04/2011

APARTMENT 213- VACANCY

Of all punk's bastard-children, I think I love powerviolence the most. Particularly the heap of great records the genre produced in the early 90's. I dunno what it is. Its too extreme to be called hardcore yet not metallic enough to be called grind. It exists in some bizarre, perma-fried nexus between punk and metal. Really, doesn't that sound like the perfect music?

Since countless blogs have posted material from Infest, Man Is The Bastard, and Spazz I thought I'd share a slightly lesser-known gem from Cleveland's Apartment 213. Not much information on these guys aside from the Dahmer reference... not exactly music for when you're stoked on life. Get psyched on hate!

HERE

1 comment:

  1. Members of the band were in Ringworm/Darvocets/State of Mind/Lockweld/etc. Have you heard H-100's from Cleveland,one of my favorites from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete