5/06/2012

MAHRIA - S/T

Ffffftttt- and a low whistle... Another flare shot into the gaping webby void...

Well heya folks. Thanks to the invitation (and grooming) of Sensei Cam, I'm here to toss my borrowed cents at the feet of all you bloggist taste-makers / recommendation-takers. Nice to meet you.

Let's kick it off with something current: Edmonton's MAHRIA. I seriously can't get enough of this record. A punishing, tortured, female-fronted work sitting at that perfect intersection of emo and post-hardcore. Soul-crushing primal yelps, wickedly melodic guitar interplay, and some of the hugest production I've heard in a long time. The track "Justification of an Old Man" is particularly devastating. Available for free on Bandcamp.

HERE

Oh yeah, and I just found out that THEY PLAYED IN VANCOUVER YESTERDAY AND I HAD NO IDEA. FML. If you went to that show, post here and tell me how awesome it was so I can feel shittier about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment