10/13/2011

CAMPER VAN BEETHOVEN- TELEPHONE FREE LANDSLIDE VICTORY

I heard this album for the very first time about two hours ago. I was so unexpectedly floored that I had to post it ASAP. My only knowledge of this band is that when my friends went to see Modest Mouse in 2004, they opened and, according to my one friend, were unbearably shitty. I never bothered since all he said was 'folky ska with violin'... yeah, that does sound really shitty.

Guess what? It's not! This is golden indie from a time when that label actually meant something. How this band is this ignored, I have no idea. Its like the first two REM albums but instead of sounding really sleepy and reserved its demanding that you listen and have a good time. I dunno, I'm talking out of my ass now. Just listen to this if you like pop music that's too weird to be popular

No comments:

Post a Comment