1/15/2012

THE EAGLES- DESPERADO


Some things take a long time and for me, one of them was the Eagles. Marred by permanent uncool status by everyone, including the most ironic hipsters, (strange considering every douchebag with a mustache and a fixie will go on about how Fleetwood Mac is supposedly amazing but mention this band and you will get scoffed) the Eagles have never been given a fair shake by the music-snob types who decide what is and isn't good these days... if you are one of the aforementioned douchebags, I do not apologize because the Eagles and the Mac sound exactly the fucking same just the Mac have Stevie Nicks and her legendary cocaine-up-the-ass tales to boost them into hipster favour... fuck I hate cool people.

Point is, this is some golden 70's rock n' roll right here. Due to all the bullshit, I basically never gave the band a chance until finally one night my friend and I were driving around at 2AM and he says "hey, I know you hate the Eagles BUT you should give this album a listen. It's a concept album about two brothers, one good, one bad and their trials and tribulations!"... Don't ask me why, but I felt compelled to just sit back, turn up the volume and listen without prejudice. Long story short, this album is great and so are the Eagles. Still too douchey to give em a chance? Fine, I'm sure there's some great new minimal-techno from France that's just begging to have its ass sniffed

HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment