2/12/2012

BEAK> - S/T


Oh hey, I'm Geoff Barrow, I produce Portishead, play drums for no wave princess Anika and play fucking everything. Here's a Krautrock record I made in my spare time in 2009 with two other talented dudes. It sounds like nothing that happened in 2009.

While it's inexplicably tied to the past, it's in the best way possible. Not like those PYT's that dress like cute little mountain men and long for a time when you could milk a fucking cow yourself but not really, Beak is more about being like: "I wonder what it would sound like to make a Krautrock record RIGHT NOW?!?! LIKE RIGHT FUCKIN NOW?!?" The Answer? Not different at all.

Not necessarily a rocking record, there are a few jams on there that will elicit minor bangs ( " I Know", "Iron Acton") but nothing to crank to 11. Think of it as "working on shit late at night music" or " This party is getting good but hasn't quite exploded music"

Take it or leave it, I loved it.

BOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment