2/15/2012

City of Caterpillar



City of Caterpillar was a band from Richmond Virginia that had some guys from pg. 99, and some of them went on to form Ghastly City Sleep and Pygmy Lush. I'm not going to pretend to know what was going on in a scene from 10 years ago and 3000 miles away, I'll just talk about the music.

It's maybe my favourite album. I think I've listened to this one hundreds of times, or maybe just one hundred of times if that's a more realistic figure. If you've ever heard an "emo" album that sounded like Explosions in the Sky but with a teenager screaming in the background and ruining it, well you know what to expect I guess. This is the finest example of that sound I've ever heard. It's honest, dynamic, got good musicianship, takes you on a journey, is badass, etc. Everything good I could possibly describe about a hardcore album with 8 minute songs is in here. What they mostly sound like is the Japanese band Envy, except without that quality that Japanese bands have. You know, where they've perfected a sound but it's kind of devoid of emotion, like maybe they sound like that because that's how it should sound? These guys sound like this because it's what's inside 'em.

My favourite song is the second one. It's also the shortest so maybe if you decide you hate this you won't waste much time, but I hope you all like it. I dunno how to buy this album anymore else I'd share a link to that.

DOWNLOAD

No comments:

Post a Comment